As we say goodbye to 2012 and look forward to the awesome possibilities of 2013, let’s not forget that sometimes what motivates and inspires us are the everyday acts and simple things that anyone can do to make this world and ourselves better. With this in mind we compiled a list of the most popular and inspirational Mojo’s of 2012.
- Embrace the pain…it is where the growth and success are hiding. - It was the end of 2004 when she walked into my office with tears in her eyes. She had tracked me down for an interview. I had recruited her from a smaller firm where her business was not going all that well. When she joined our firm I gave have her a list of what I call “success activities” and told her that if she put them in her schedule and did them every day sun or shine she would be one of the top agents in our company. She has 2 small children and a husband who works full time, but she had an amazing work ethic. She would literally get up at 4:30 or 5 every morning, come in to the office and work until 7am. Then she would go home, get her kids up and ready for school and then come back to the office and bust her butt all day doing the activities. At about 6pm she would leave to go pick up her kids from school. Read More
- Change or Die?! - What if a well-informed, trusted authority figure said you had to make difficult and enduring changes in the way you think and act? If you didn't make those changes, you would die soon. A lot sooner than you had to. Could you change when change really mattered? Yes, you say? Try again. Most likely you wouldn't change. Read More
- Life is a jar of marbles - So frequently we think we have forever to accomplish the important things in life. This exercise will really open your eyes and is a great thing to keep in front of you every day. It will remind you not to take today for granted. It will slap you right in the face every day and get you into action regarding your F5 – Faith, Family, Friends, Fitness and Finance. Read More
- Just Lin, Baby! - I typically write Monday Morning MOJO myself each week, but this week while I was reading Forbes Magazine I saw a great article on Jeremy Lin and knew I needed to send this as a MOJO. Whether you are a basketball fan or not, unless your head is completely in the sand, I am sure you have heard of him. The article is a month old, but it is an AWESOME article with some GREAT lessons. Check it out. Read More
- Purely Water - Do you know what percent of our body is water? We BEGIN life as a fetus at 99%. When we are born, it drops to about 90%. Then the average human body settles in around 70%. So, from a simple physical perspective, we are all made up of mostly water!
Let me ask you a simple question - if you had a choice to drink from a body of water, which would you prefer - a river or a pond? Why? Read More
2013 is going to be a great year!