The other day I came across a workbook from a seminar a friend of mine attended back in 2009. The speakers were Shawn Achor and Elizabeth Peterson, both with a company called Aspirant, an applied research consulting firm using psychology to foster positive and productive lives. The seminar was focused on the results of positive thinking. My friend lent me the handbook and I read through it, enthralled, then tucked it away in a drawer to collect dust. What a tragedy. I'm happy I was in a cleaning mode and uncovered this beauty!
Did you know:
- Our potential is determined less by our genes and our past history than it is by our present thoughts and actions.
- How you choose to think and act on a daily basis determines how much you achieve.
- Our brain has the ability to change and grow based on our experiences; we actually have the ability to rewire our neurons in as little as 7 days!
- Your frequency of positive emotion predicts your physical health, the strength of your immune system, and your life expectancy.
- Happy employees will not only make more money for their employers, they will make more money for themselves. This means that happiness fuels success...not the other way around!
- Whether you are conscious of it or not, what you are thinking has a powerful effect on your performance. How you are thinking before an activity will greatly determine the outcome.
- The more positive habits you create, the closer you get to maximizing your potential.
I could go on and on...but I think you get the drift...it pays mentally, physically, spiritually and financially to be positive. To think positive. To breathe in positive. It can change your life. What if you could start small and focus on the 7 points made above? If tackling the above 7 seems to vast, Start small... Consider setting your day with a positive intention every day for 21 days, watch the magic happen. See your potential unfold!