Last week I spent 4 days receiving ninja selling training at The Ninja Instillation in Fort Collins. There, I had the privilege to meet and train with Larry Kendall, a great businessman and one of the founders of the program. He recommended a great book that I thought you all might enjoy as well; The Go Giver by Bob Burg and John David Mann.
The book tells the story of Joe, an ambitious man who yearns to be successful. He feels the need to work harder and faster to accomplish his goals, but seems to be lacking success. When he is given the chance of a big sale at the end of a bad quarter, the last thing he wants to do is mess it up. He inquires for advice from a legendary consultant, Pindar who introduces him to a series of successful “go-givers,” a restaurateur, a CEO, a financial adviser, a real estate broker and “The Connector,” who brings them all together. These great go-givers, share with Joe the Five Laws of Stratospheric Success and teach him how to open himself up to the power of giving. This view change helps Joe to start focusing on giving rather than getting which in turn adds value to each sale and his life. This change of focus to the customer’s needs and feelings is truly a great piece of advice for any businessman. To help you incorporate this into your life practices, here are the Five Laws of Stratospheric Success:
- The Law of Value: Your true worth is determined by how much more you give in value than you take in payment
- The Law of Compensation: Your income is determined by how many people you serve and how well you serve them.
- The Lay of Influence: Your influence is determined by how abundantly you place other people’s interests first.
- The Law of Authenticity: The most valuable gift you have to offer is yourself.
- The Law of Receptivity: The key to effective giving is to stay open to receiving.