Maybe this sounds familiar: You're just home from a jam-packed, two-day real estate conference or maybe it's a night out networking in your own town with other local businesses. You're full of energy and ideas, notes and leads. But perhaps your biggest takeaway was a couple of handfuls of business cards. Even as we rely more and more on technology for business and pleasure, the exchange of paper business cards is a ritual that lives on. But how can you efficiently capture these contacts before they get lost in a drawer or pocket?
Enter CamCard, an app for iPhones, iPads and iPod Touch that scans, stores and organizes business card information. The app includes a number of great features that make it stand out from a lot of the other card readers out there, including:
- double-sided image capturing
- fast recognition of 12 languages
- the ability to group different contacts together
- the ability to merge information with an existing contact
- anti-shake photo shooting
- a "cardholder" that enables you to pull up a contact's card and make a phone call, send a text message, email, browse the associated web page, and locate the person's address on Google Maps.
And you can make notes next to each contact.
How it works: Download and launch the app on your device, grab some business cards and start snapping pictures of them using the CamCard app.
The app currently costs $6.99 for the full version. The maker offers a "light" version – CamCard Lite – so you can download and test the functionality for free before you purchase.
The next time you're on your way to a professional event, be sure to check out this app first. It could help you make the most of your efforts so that your introductions don't get lost in your pockets or dry cleaners. And you'll have your contacts right where you need them – your smart phone!